I am channeling my inner Dagny Taggert with this 1940’s silk blouse. The fabric is a beautiful deadstock cream dupioni with a lovely textured-hand but regrettably my sewing machine did not like to work with it. I opted to hand-stitch most of the piece to prevent as much puckering as possible. I used a beautiful matching silk thread with silk needles, of course. While the pattern calls for a front breast pocket, I decided that it wasn’t a feature I wanted to include. My shoulders must be askew because the blouse sits perfectly on me while showing a little pucker on my mannequin. What can I say, no one’s perfect!
The last step is to create the button holes and add the buttons. The pattern originally called for bound button holes but in my stubbornness I decided against it. Regardless of which button hole style I choose, I am admittedly nervous so the blouse sits unfinished on my mannequin.
In Progress: 1940’s Silk Blouse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment