This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
My daughter absolutely loves Winnie the Pooh and while we endeavor to be as sustainable as possible in our home, I didn’t want to purchase a stuffed animal made from synthetic materials unless it was vintage. Since I was unable to find what I was looking for and I refuse to buy plastic where possible, I endeavored to create my own stuffed Eeyore.
I used Claire Garland's knit pattern and I paired Purl Soho’s Paintbrush Mohair yarn and Cashmere Merino Bloom yarn so that Eeyore is fuzzy and soft. The yarns were thicker than my pattern called for but I wanted my version to be larger than the finished product as noted in the pattern. I didn’t want many knit holes to show through so I sized down in needle size.
Eeyore was stuffed with natural wool from Mountain Meadow Wool and a little button was added to the top of his tail. He did have a pink wool bow but it was too tempting for little hands to pull off.







No comments:
Post a Comment